Tuesday, July 28, 2009

DIY Tinted lipbalm

I was thinking about selling or swapping my neglected Erhalogy lip balm. Not until i read Nancy DIY tutorial about making your own tinted lip balm. You should check out her blog, it is an awesome blog :)

What you need:
- lip balm (any lip balm will do, they have to be colorless for sure)
- blush (i use my Everyday Minerals blush in B&B + back to school)
- container (mini jar)
- toothpick
- flat iron
- metal spoon

1. what you do is simply put a generous amount of your lip balm into the metal spoon. and then place the spoon right into the middle of the flat iron until it's melted (make sure you set the level temperature into the max setting)

2. once the lip balm is melted, sprinkle a desired amount of the blush and mix them carefully until you meet the shade you like.

3. pour the melted lip balm into the jar, let it dry. for a better result, i putted mine into the microwave in auto defrost/low setting for about 10 seconds. It will make the surface appearance become smoother and looked like professionally done :)




Cute huh?







Yes, they are very sheer in color, since it's not a lipstick. But to be honest i really like it, coz i found my old lip balm is still the same, the texture, the smell, except for the color off course. Making it less boring :D
It was a fun experiment though, thank you Nancy for inspiring me :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeng Dita =) !!! Thanks for linking me hehehe yours look so nice & pigmented...DIY stuff is fun, yes? Oh ya, I found Pureglow in some market near my sister school lol along with Wardah & other Indonesian brand, they're quite nice. Wardah is indeed on the sheer side but I like it, it's like MAC Slimshine and pretty moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete